No Control Chocolate Chip Cookies!
STOP! Look no further for an easy, yummy chocolate chip cookie that is crisp out the outside and soft and gooey on the inside. STOP! Save some for later! Challenge yourself and see how long this dozen of delicious, eggless, cookies lasts!
Makes 12 yummy cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
· 1/4 cup unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
· 1/4 cup white sugar
· 1/4 cup packed DARK brown sugar (dark, not light)
· 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 tablespoon water
· 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
· 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
· 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
2. Soften butter (NOT melted) by placing in microwave for about 20 seconds.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the butter, white sugar, and DARK brown sugar using a big spoon until it is very smooth and well combined. It will feel like thick wet sand.
4. Add the vanilla, water, and oil. Mix together. It will now thin out.
5. Add the salt and baking soda. Mix together.
6. Add the flour. Mix together with the spoon (or your hand) until it is all incorporated into a smooth dough.
7. Add the chocolate chips. Mix together .
8. Drop a heaping tablespoon of the dough about 2 inches (5 cm) apart onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You should get 12 round dough balls.
9. Bake for 9-11 minutes on the top rack. Do not over bake.
10. Remove cookies from the oven. They will be very soft and may look like they need to bake longer, but they do NOT . If you prefer to flatten them a bit, you can gently press on them with a spatula. Let cool so they firm up a bit. Enjoy! You can save the parchment paper for reuse.
Recipe courtesy of Shubhra Ramineni
Copyright © 2020 Shubhra Ramineni. All rights reserved.
Shubhra Ramineni is a first generation Indian American raised in Houston, TX. Shubhra grew up enjoying healthy, traditional Indian food and she learned to cook from her mother, an excellent home cook and a professional dietitian. Determined to eat well despite her busy schedule as a chemical engineer with an MBA, Shubhra set out to adapt traditional Indian recipes for the lifestyles of today's professionals and busy moms like her, creating dozens of delicious, easy-to-prepare Indian recipes in her award- winning cookbooks, Entice with Spice, and Healthy Indian Vegetarian Cooking. Her no-fuss cooking methods will remove any intimidation of cooking Indian food. Follow Shubhra as 'Spice Girl Kitchen' on Instagram to see what she is cooking next in her kitchen!
You can purchase Shubhra's books at the following websites:
Entice with Spice, Easy and Quick Indian Recipes for Beginners (£13.99)
Healthy Indian Vegetarian Cooking (£6.99)
Entice with Spice, Easy and Quick Indian Recipes for Beginners
Healthy Indian Vegetarian Cooking